new oilpainting: ms Willem Ruijs, KRL
This famous passengership was build in Vlissingen during the WW II years, but delivered after the war. This was caused by the workers of the buildingyard "Schelde" in Vlissingen, who slowed down their building activities succesfully in order to keep the ship out of the hands of the Nazi occupiers. Eventually the ship was delivered to the "Koninklijke Rotterdam Lloyd" in 1947, to start her sailing from Rotterdam to Tandjong Priok. She kept her job till 1965 and was sold to Flotta Lauro having a new name Achille Lauro.
Mais um trabalho do artista holandês Hans Breeman especializado em temas marinhos.